Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: region d championship

  1. #51
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I would prefer Richlands.
    I would prefer the home field of the #1 seed...regardless of who it is or what their field looks like.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #52
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I would prefer Richlands.
    I would agree if they were in the region.....of course that may not be to far off (Loseing the doubble header would be a big negative i would rather the 2 game format be kept and rotate the site if that is the biggist hangup)

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    I would agree if they were in the region.....of course that may not be to far off (Loseing the doubble header would be a big negative i would rather the 2 game format be kept and rotate the site if that is the biggist hangup)

    Rotating the site would be cool. Let each District vote on where they would want to host and have at it. Do it in all sports too.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Rotating the site would be cool. Let each District vote on where they would want to host and have at it. Do it in all sports too.

    And the BDD picks.....Hurley


    Not a bad plan LPD UVA-Wise, BDD Honaker, CMD VHS(if the weather is good otherwise a DH will distroy the field), Not sure about the Cumberland

  5. #55
    Inactive Member VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    861
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    do you really think Honaker could handle the crowd? Went to a playoff game there years ago and ppl. were parked on a 45 degree incline. Wait... they could open up the spring ball field/s... that MIGHT be enough to make it work.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by VHSLhelper View Post
    do you really think Honaker could handle the crowd? Went to a playoff game there years ago and ppl. were parked on a 45 degree incline. Wait... they could open up the spring ball field/s... that MIGHT be enough to make it work.
    You could be right but I am used to crappy parking about everywhere

  7. #57
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    The Cumberland would probably end up being Coeburn for overall facilities. RC has the best field, but not the seating.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    The Cumberland would probably end up being Coeburn for overall facilities. RC has the best field, but not the seating.
    The only real problem I see is how realistic would it be to have a DH on a grass field? After watching the Wise/PV and CW/Appy mudbowls 1 game distroyed the field to the point that I am not sure it would even be possable to play a 2nd game

  9. #59
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    I dont disagree if there has been bad weather close to the game date. Of course I think the #1 seed should get to host their game, or if it is not suitable a VHSL approved site.


    Also, there is some talk of EMATS building Castlewood a field turf field. If that is the case, then that could be the selected site. Apparently it was offered to Lebanon, but they turned it down. As of this time, if it happens, then Castlewood would either have to build a new softball field or make the softball field field turf as well. The only problem then would be if they could find a proper solution for getting bleachers set up on the away side without hurting the field turf during football season.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I dont disagree if there has been bad weather close to the game date. Of course I think the #1 seed should get to host their game, or if it is not suitable a VHSL approved site.


    Also, there is some talk of EMATS building Castlewood a field turf field. If that is the case, then that could be the selected site. Apparently it was offered to Lebanon, but they turned it down. As of this time, if it happens, then Castlewood would either have to build a new softball field or make the softball field field turf as well. The only problem then would be if they could find a proper solution for getting bleachers set up on the away side without hurting the field turf during football season.

    I wonder why Lebanon turned it down

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •